Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a Technical Writer to join our team.
This position is contingent upon award.
Please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in planning the overall design of software product documentation, including installation, operation, and maintenance instructions, as well as other technical publications, such as technical advisories and release notes
- Actively seeks customer input (internal and external customers)
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives, with minimal direction
- Write and/or edit technical documents, including: Reports, User Manuals, Briefings and Presentations, functional descriptions, system specifications, guidelines, and other project deliverables to meet contract requirements
- Develop artifacts for approval by technical specialists and Government leads that adhere to all requirements and regulations
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions
- Consult relevant information sources, including library resources, technical and financial documents, and client and project personnel, to obtain background information, and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables
- Ability to obtain a Government Clearance
- At least 6 years of Technical Writing consulting experience on medium to larger scale projects of medium to high complexity
- At least 6 years of Requirements gathering and documentation
- Proven ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- At least 4 years’ experience with the SDLC, Agile and software development
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- At least 6 years’ experience in developing technical documentation for government clients
- At least 6 years’ experience planning, developing, organizing, writing and editing operational procedures and manuals
- 4 years’ experience in researching, developing and documenting technical design specifications and test scripts
- Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on both the client and company
- Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
- Able to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
- Able to find innovative ways to solve problems
- BA/BS is required
- MA/MS is preferred
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to write clear and concise creative content in a highly confidential manner
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment. May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)