Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our team.
Please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
*This Position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs self-guided analysis of existing business process and data flows relative to proposing and meeting new / enhanced business process and business application requirements
- Authors, proposes, and manages detailed business requirements for target state processes, applications, and process/application interfaces
- Documents current and target state business process / application work flow
- Takes the lead in collaborating with business stakeholders, IT project manager(s), and Program Lead to gain agreement and alignment upon business requirements
- Estimates tasks, task duration, level of effort, and dependencies and communicates these to the Program Lead
- Develop Requirement’s documents, including a Requirements Traceability Matrix
- Lead Design reviews and documentation
- Performs Cost-Benefit Analysis and Feasibility Studies
- Create a Data Migration Document
- Conduct business analysis and identify business objectives and requirements and clearly explain to all parties involved.
- Elicit, analyze and develop business/ functional requirements.
- Prioritize requirements with the client and help create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Verify and validate that the software solution satisfies the requirements.
- Confirm the correctness of previously elicited requirements through testing.
- 10+ years Business Analysis experience supporting an Application Development environment
- Agile experience writing User Stories and participation
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) and Visio
- Financial services sector (i.e., bank, GSE) a plus
- Knowledge of BPR and Requirement Management Tools a plus
- Ability to obtain a government clearance
- Excellent listening skills to understand and interpret customer and stakeholder responses
- Strong facilitation skills to lead requirements and user story sessions
- Strong interpersonal skills to help negotiate priorities and resolve conflicts amongst project stakeholders
- Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to deal with and resolve ambiguity
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on both the client and company
- Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
- Able to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
- Able to find innovative ways to solve problems
- Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to present to different types of technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to write clear and concise creative content in a highly confidential manner
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment. May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V;AA)