Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance (y)our collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a Director, Proposal Management to join our team. The Director level position provides direct planning and management to all assigned proposal personnel and efforts. They will lead multifaceted teams in developing compliant, compelling, concise proposals that are typically large scale and technically complex.
When responding to this opportunity, please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the overall administration of the end-to-end proposal process to include people, processes and technology platforms
- Analyze written solicitation requirements and other relevant information
- Develop comprehensive, compliant proposal outlines and writers’ guidelines
- Develop proposal compliance matrices, proposal plans, and other solicitation-required templates to ensure compliance with applicable requirements
- Work with the Growth Team to assist in the facilitation of win themes and guide their incorporation into the proposal
- Work collaboratively with EVP, Federal Growth and other team members to identify necessary proposal team resources, and organize and manage the proposal team
- Make proposal team writing assignments, guide the development of original material, and research historical material for reuse/applicability to the current opportunity
- Rewrite/edit existing material and help incorporate and adjudicate review team comments
- Coordinate the efforts of other key proposal support organizations, including Contracts, Pricing, Subcontracts, Recruiting, and Management
- Plan key proposal and production activities and schedules, including formal proposal review sessions (i.e., Pink, Red, Gold Teams)
- Review, and identify the appropriate mix and level of technical and management reviewers; schedule and conduct thorough reviews and debriefs to authors; and prioritize changes to the proposal to ensure compliance
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience as a proposal manager (and senior proposal manager) in the federal marketplace
- Experience leading and coordinating teams consisting of internal management, technical and non-technical resources, and external partners
- Experience leading proposal development through all stages from inception to delivery (including formal sessions such as Pink, Red, and Gold Teams)
- Experience with SharePoint as a user
- A solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite, especially Word
- Please provide your track record of successes
- Ability to manage and mentor direct reports and matrixed personnel
- Ability to develop high-quality, compliant, winning proposals in a tight timeframe
- Ability to develop proposal compliance matrices, proposal plans, and other solicitation-required templates to ensure compliance with applicable requirements
- Ability to develop and explain win themes and discriminators
- Ability to identify the resources needed to develop proposals
- Ability to delegate tasks, oversee and guide the team members
- The capability to review, and identify the appropriate mix and level of technical and management reviewers; schedule and conduct thorough reviews and debriefs to authors; and prioritize changes to the proposal to ensure compliance
- Capable of leading multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Possess strong time management skills, including working outside of normal business hours.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- APMP certification or Shipley Training is preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Willing to travel occasionally as needed (up to 10%)
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment
- May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)