Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team in Washington DC. This position will be responsible to evaluate, recommend, and implement automated test tools and strategies.
When responding to this opportunity, please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
“This position is contingent upon contract award”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices.
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations on network hardware and operating systems including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems.
- Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices at the logical level working with communication protocols.
- Participate in planning design, technical review and implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks.
- Maintain network infrastructure standards including network communication protocols such as TCP/IP.
- Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by the government.
- Diagnose and resolve complex communication problems.
- Performs enterprise-wide strategic systems planning and analysis.
- Establishes standards for information systems procedures.
- Applies engineering disciplines to develop system transition and strategic planning documents.
- Provides technical guidance in solution engineering techniques and automated support tools.
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience with Windows Server 2003 or higher and Hyper-V
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in client server or 3 years of distributed architecture environment in the area of MIS or web-based applications development.
- Applies an enterprise-wide set of disciplines for the planning, analysis, design and construction of information systems on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Knowledge of design methodology, case and analysis tool, ER diagram, data flow analysis relational database design, and documentation standards required to provide object-oriented analysis, design and programming.
- Monitor the status of the APC Symmetra RM 6K AP9619 UPS (unit is configured to email weekly self-tests), recommend purchase of new battery modules as required
- Ensure the complete resolution of a technical problem to fully meet client’s needs
- Prepare requisition documents as necessary
- Modify requirements (such as removing the Content Server) as necessary
- Maintain periodic configuration backups via accessing the web management pages of each of the devices/blades and downloading the configuration – the TMS VM must be backed up by periodically shutting it down and exporting it to an external drive
- Recommend implementation of software upgrades as necessary
- Periodically review the product logs/download XML-based logs to Excel for review
- At least 4 years’ experience with automation
- Health and Human Services Clearance
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Willing to assist and support the team with evolving requirements and objectives
- Excellent analytic and communication skills to help build and document processes, policies, and help guides
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Previous experience supporting IT software projects
- Develop work plans and LOEs as they relate to systems integration work tasks and team members
- Research, evaluate, and recommend systems/equipment/technologies based upon client needs
- Draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents
- Interface with various team members, including management
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based upon system recommendations
- Provide client with post-installation and integration support
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- CISSP Certification required
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certification - preferred
- Solid ability to interface, inspire and motivate at various levels of the organization
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Willing to travel locally occasionally.
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment
- May be required to lift ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)