Unissant, Inc. is an innovative solutions development and consulting company committed to delivering simplicity through innovation. We meet this commitment by delivering state-of-the-art enterprise computing and processing solutions to both government and commercial clients. Our workforce continually strives to advance y(our) collective intellect through collaborative fortitude, and we are looking for further talent to join that effort! To learn more about our exciting organization, please visit us at www.unissant.com
We are seeking a MicroStrategy Developer to join our team and support our client in Arlington, VA.
When responding to this opportunity, please speak to the relevancy of your work experience in your cover letter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall best practice guidance to the team and System Engineering teams related to the use, maintenance, and setup of MicroStrategy software and projects
- Assist with implementing an optimal path for managing changes to ERBI objects across the Development, Test, and Production projects
- Assist with implementing an automated path for refreshing and synchronizing glossary term definition information into MicroStrategy object property descriptions
- Work with IT Data Architect team in optimizing performance of MicroStrategy relative to the underlying EDWDataMart; i.e. optimize MSTR schema layer to best generate SQL, while also, as needed, suggesting tuning opportunities to the EDWMart database
- Report and data caching and/or cubes Mentor and train the team at a deeper level, so that they rapidly become more confident and capable with the web, developer, integrity manager, and object manager tools
- Assist with the migration of the Treasury MicroStrategy project onto the MSTR AWS platform.
- Expand the creative usage of the following aspects of the software:
- Transaction services
- Scheduling and notifications / email
- Alerting and thresholds
- Mathematical and statistical functions
- Geo - mapping functions
- Object access for limiting access to sensitive data via MSTR
- Experience in MicroStrategy Schema object development, Multi-Sourcing, Intelligent Cubes and other Application Objects
- Understanding of End to End BI/DW Development and Operations Life Cycle
- Experience in the design, development and delivery of Microstrategy reports, Dashboards and documents using Microstrategy version 10.4
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly dynamic business environment providing direct support to business users
- Experience in troubleshooting MicroStrategy configuration, security, and interoperability (SMTP/email, web apps, network, database) needs
- Experience in designing and creating complex MicroStrategy Documents and Dashboards
- Mentor and train the ERBI core report creators at a deeper level, so that they rapidly become more confident and capable with the web tool.
- Rapidly deliver quality documents, landing page(s), dashboards, and reports as directed by the main team and PMO Lead, including but not limited to:
- Credit Risk reports (Concentrations, Leveraged, Exceptions)
- Pipeline reports
- Expanded business reports)
- ILDR report refinement
- Prioritized PRISM report replacements
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Solid ability to interface, inspire and motivate at various levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Mainly sedentary; in an office environment. May be required to lift up to ten (10) pounds
- Flexible in working extended hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Unissant management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, where applicable and available, reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
Please note: Candidate(s) will be required to go through pre-employment screening.
Unissant, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer! (EOE; M/F/D/V)